As stated in DONA’s position paper:
- What training have you had?
- Tell me about your experience with birth, personally and as a doula.
- What is your philosophy about birth and supporting women and their partners through labor?
- May we meet to discuss our birth plans and the role you will play in supporting me through birth?
- May we call you with questions or concerns before and after the birth?
- When do you try to join women in labor? Do you come to our home or meet us in the hospital?
- Do you meet with us after the birth to review the labor and answer quesions?
- Do you work with one or more back up doulas for times when you are not available? May we meet them?
- What are your fees and refund policies?